Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with the old....in with the new

I'm ringing in the new year with 1/2 of the grand daughters, Caroline. Allison took Lillian to see Matt play in Minneapolis.  They went to the Mall of America today and based on the pictures they sent us it looks like they all had fun at the amusement park.  It's been a fun day with Caroline. She is becoming very comfortable with us which is great to see.  I'll say it, I wish we could see them more but, I understand the distance makes it very hard.  I think it's going to be very special for Lillian to see her Dad work.  She seems to understand the concept that he plays football for work. I also think the one on one time with Allison and Lills away from everything is needed, especially for Allison.  She needs to get her mind on something other than my illness. She calls me everyday 2 or 3 times to see how I'm doing.  She always has the most positive outcome foremost in her mind.  I want to officially thank her for the support and tell her how much I love her.
This past year has been a good year, with the exception of the last 2 months of course.  I look forward to the new year and what it will bring.  My hope is that there is a lot of healing involved.  I said it before and I'll say it again, my illness will not be all bad. The goodness of the Lord will shine on all of us and show each of us what we need to see as a result of my situation.  Watch for it, feel it and live it during the New Year of 2012.  Happy New Year Everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chuck! It's Kelsey.. friends of Matt and Allison! I am so inspired by your posts and your positivity and faith! Yes you are a lucky man to have that Allison as a daughter-in-law.. she sure is special, and so beyond compassionate! Though I have always thought so much of you and Vicky and envied Allison, to have such an amazing couple as you and Vic, as her in-laws!! I pray for you daily and want you to know that I'm proud to be a member of your support "team"! I pray for your healing, and for strength and comfort for your family and loved ones, because yes.. there will be many days they will need it too!! Take good care, and God Bless You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much.....not sure how I got so lucky to marry into your family! You have raised two incredible boys! Matt is a phenomenal husband and father to our girls....you can count on me and my daily phone calls to continue along with my nonstop prayers. I refuse to accept the given ''timeline" .....we all need you here for so much longer and I believe the Lord can work a miracle for you! Seeing your love for our girls warms my heart and fills me with so much joy. For me, not having grandparents in my life growing up I just love seeing you with our children! I have such a better understanding of how important Matt's grandparents were in his life....I thank God every day for blessing us with so much wonderful family and friends. These relationships are what life is all about!! Love you to the moon Dadkat!

    ReplyDelete