Friday, December 2, 2011

Phase 3 Begins

Vic, Myself and my private nurse Lori all met with the Oncologist Dr. Johnson.  We were told what we all pretty well knew.  My liver was filled with tumors, a lot of them.  Technically my diagnosis is I have Stage 4 colon cancer.  The 4 means it has moved to other organs from the colon.  The Dr's would like to wait for my surgery to heal up for at least 2 more weeks before they start Chemo but time is critical right now.  Both Dr's felt my recovery from the surgery is going well so they are taking the gamble of starting me a week sooner.  I start Chemo on Wednesday!  I also have to have a Petscan an monday so they have a record of before and after tumor sizes to see whats working.  The Chemo runs in 3 week cycles with 1 injection and pills for the remaining days.  Fatigue seems to be the biggest side effect but we'll see how bad when it happens.  BONUS..... this type of Chemo does not cause hair loss so save your "Powder" jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment