Monday, December 12, 2011

A scare with a good twist

Last night was tough because I had a very bad pain in my side.  I was not able to sleep more than 10-20 minutes at a time.  I've had this pain before but never like this.  This morning we called the Dr's office to find out what I could take for the pain.  The nurse on duty told me to take some Vacadin and the Dr will call me back for more information.  Denise, my Oncology RN called back and told me to come into the hospital right away.  I called Vic and we went to the Hospital for a round of blood work and labs.  The opinion of the Dr and the Nurse was that my liver may be shutting down and they clearly expected to see very elevated liver enzyme numbers from the labs.  Well, to every one's surprise the numbers were actually down!!  The Dr feels this is a sign the drugs are working.  Power of prayer, I think so!!!  So far today has been going well.  Now I need some sleep.  Keep up the good thoughts and God will take care of the big stuff.  AMEN

3 comments:

  1. Not only the power of prayer but your desire to keep fighting! Keep it up Dad you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they say God works in mysterious ways, I didn't think it included sending you to the hospital for a test to show the drugs are working. Well, it got your attention and the doctor's. A heavenly text would have been okay, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most amazing news ever! God is hearing our prayers and clearly has a great plan for you!!! Love you SO much! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete