Saturday, December 24, 2011

FAMILY

I was back in my element today.  We celebrated Christmas eve with the family members who could make it  today and we will spend Christmas day with the others.  With help from my assistant chefs Vicki, Lori and John, we made all kinds of hors d'oeuvres , nachos and made to order pizzas.  It was great to get back in the kitchen.  The only thing I didn't anticipate was how quickly I got tired.  That's when everyone pitched in and made the dinner happen.  Thanks you guys for your help.
I know this is going to be a tough Christmas to get through emotionally.  I sat in church while wave after wave of emotion would wash over me as the pastor mentioned the peace God wants us to have in our lives.  My daughter in law, Allison with tears in her eyes kept reminding me that I will be healed and I will have many more Christmas celebrations in my future.  I believe this won't be my last Christmas but I am really taking it all in like never before.  It is very clear that the peace you feel during the Christmas season comes from the family you love and love they give you back.  Tonight seeing the laughter, tears, hugs and kisses gave me a true feeling of peace with my sickness and the future God has in store for me.  This family will always be there to support each other.  How can you ask for anything more than that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment