Thursday, December 22, 2011

First a little history

I've really been amazed at the number of people reading my blog.  The comments are great and I am also getting calls and e-mails asking questions.  The number one question is "how do  you stay positive during this?"  It's not easy all the time and I do have my moments but, the key is to draw on some major moments in my life and realize that God has a plan.
I think the moment that has had the largest impact on my attitude toward life in general is something that a lot of people don't know.  25 years ago Vic and I had a son who died shortly after birth.  His name was Andrew Lawrence and he was born with Potters Syndrome.  His lungs and kidneys were not fully developed and had to put on life support immediately after birth.  As difficult as it was Vic and I had to give orders to remove life support and he died later that day. I feel God used this event to give me an opportunity to trust his judgement.  I could have turned my back on him, blamed him for this tragedy and used this as an excuse to feel sorry for myself the rest of my life. Instead I believed our pastor, Sam Petersen, (key name) when he  told us that God's plan is not always black and white.  He told us a story about driving up a mountain.  You make all kinds of turns and stops  and wonder why we can't just drive straight up the mountain.  The answer is not clear until we reach the top of that mountain and look down.          

1 comment:

  1. I never knew the story Pastor Sam told you to help you through Andrews death. Pastor would be so proud of you....knowing you have held on to the truths he spoke to you and Vic so many years ago. You bring me to tears hearing your courage so boldly spoken...your pretty much my hero these days! xox

    ReplyDelete