Thursday, December 8, 2011

They were not kidding

The side effects are true!!  Not all of them but that sensitivity to cold one, VERY TRUE!  I forgot and put my hands under the faucet before it was warm, it felt like my hands were being stuck with needles.  I have to heat up my water to drink it. If I don't, it feels like I have glass in my throat.  Other than that my meds seem to keep my nausea at bay and rinsing my mouth and lotioning my hands seems a small price to pay if it's working.  I was not able to get to sleep last night due to the steroids I had injected yesterday, the nurse told me this might happen.  When I finally did get to sleep I slept very well and for the first time in a long time I felt like sleeping in.  Thank goodness WE Energies decided I should not sleep in and started to work right across the street at 7am with about 4 trucks, bobcats and a lot of yelling to the guys up the poles.  I am more tired today than I have been so I guess I will nap a little today. My first round of pills have been consumed this morning and I pray they do what they are supposed to do.  On a vanity note I learned something yesterday. If you remember my Chemo does not make me lose my hair, but the aversion to cold will force me to wear a hat wherever I go.  Therefore, in order to not have a bad case of hat hair every day I am going to cut my hair short.  See, this is the hard hitting information you will continue to get by following my blog!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting some sleep. Remember to put your hats into rotation. Parkside Rangers, Packers, Ravens, Patriots, Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Catholic Memorial, Brookfield East...and maybe an hour wearing a Vikings hat when no one will see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my friend, I happen to be bald by choice! I will be happy to give you a trim, free of charge! It's not uncommon for me to be wearing a hand-knit cap around the house and for us riders, helmet head is a fashion statement anyway.I didn't know you were such a good writer and will check in daily. I guess I offered my 'grunt work' help to Vic too late but she has my info now. Gloria, Erika,Tony & I keep you in our thoughts daily. Love ya brother - Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like our street always has something being done to it! As long as they don't have another "X Box" spewing out sewage in our yard...but remember Dad, usually you can sleep in pretty well as long as nobody opens the fridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you will match both your boys :) I have gotten pretty good with the clippers if you wanted some assistance but something tells me your personal nurse also functions as your personal stylist;) Hope you are able to get some rest today and that the medicine and prayers keep doing their job. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete