Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chemo day 1 complete

It's 5:30 and I just got home.  What a day, started at 10:30 this morning, got filled with drugs, watched a great movie (Secretariat) and spent some quality time with Vic and Lori.  Now comes all the protocols.  WASH YOUR HANDS, USE SANITIZER, WEAR A HAT,GLOVES AND A SCARF WHENEVER YOU GO OUTSIDE, WEAR GLOVES WHEN YOU GO INTO THE FRIDGE, WASH YOUR HANDS, EAT EVEN THOUGH YOU FEEL SICK, AND ON AND ON AND ON.  I know this is for my own good but geez, I feel like the boy in the bubble.  It will get better as time goes on.
Just as before all the nurses at the Chemo Suites were great and I thank them all.  I don't know how I will react to the drugs because everyone is different.  Hopefully I will have mild side effects.  Unfortunately I am susceptible to illness during the next week so I have to be careful around sick people or people who are around sick people.  Thank goodness Vic works at a day care, nobody is sick at a day care, right?  Well one round of injections done, 3weeks of pills and a lot of prayer that the meds do what they should.  Thanks again for all the prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Your pharmacist in training is happy you were well taken care of:) I know that God hears our prayers and will help us all, especially our very brave patient, through this tough time. Gloves for the fridge...I might need to try this it's getting chilly in my apartment!

    ReplyDelete