Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One month at a time

I have been working in the car business since I was 19 years old, that's 33 years.  One thing I learned is everything happens in 1 month increments.  You are only as good as your last month......every month you start at zero.....how many are we going to get this month?  These were the sentiments I lived with and they still are the same now.  I bring this up because I just realized it has only been 1 month since I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer.  35 days ago I was fine, as far as I knew.  I had big plans for work, vacations, family activities ect.. A lot can happen in 30 days.  Don't wait to do the things you want to do.  I'm not saying to be reckless because you might not be around long but, I am saying take care of your personal business.  Get your doctor appointments up to date, schedule your vacations with your families,  go to your kids games, concerts, school events ect.   If you're personally up to date and you have put the important things as priority, like your families, the next 30 business days will be enjoyable.  Leave time for yourself, as I said a lot can happen in 30 days, make each day count for you, not just the business.

4 comments:

  1. Well said, sir. My next 30 days include seeing you and the extended Katula/Duesing/Komassa family, seeing my doctor, attending a Science Fair at the junior high and cheering the Pack on to victory in the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An update to my previous suggestion...cookbook/inspirational quote book...you're amazing and I will admit that reading your blog is truly one of the highlights of my day! Carrying your optimism with me these last few days of exams until we are all back together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These comments are so true...Thanks for sharing...Youre in my thoughts and prayers Chuck and I know you will have the strength to make it through this...

    ReplyDelete