Thursday, December 22, 2011

Glass half full

While I was writing my last post I received a phone call from someone checking in on me.  I told them what was going on and the latest news regarding the heart problems.  This person said jokingly "What did you do to deserve this?"  My first reaction was "I know, tell the world, what did I do to deserve this terrible life."  Then I paused and realized that I didn't have a terrible life, I am just having a portion of my life that is terrible.  I've had a lot of time to reflect on my life and believe me I have not been perfect. I, have spent plenty of time asking for the Lord's forgiveness and received it. Overall though I have had what I suspect most other people would envy.  A great wife for over 30 years, 2 boys who I could not be more proud of, 2 wonderful, beautiful, smart grand daughters and daughter in laws that any parents would love to have.  Not bad for a terrible life :)  I'll take it!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Chuck, your insightfulness amazes and inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck, You are a living example of how WE ALL should live our lives...day-to-day and looking at the blessings instead of complaining about bad things that happen to us. You have been given wisdom from above, power in your words, and the ability to write things in a way that cause me to seek God each day, to thirst for Him and to bask in the knowledge that you are living proof that He exists. NO ONE can have the attitude that you and Vic have with out Him. Talking about having a relationship with our heavenly father is easy when things are going good, but walking in His truth during a time, in which we don’t understand what He is doing, is an entirely different story. You are walking in those truths and I THANK YOU for your postings to share your thoughts with us. I have grown to look forward to them, checking a few times a day to see if you have posted anything new. Simply speaking, you are making lemonade out of lemons at every turn. You inspire me, make me laugh, and you are the cream in our birthday Oreo, so as far as I am concerned your not going anywhere! I cling to my faith that the maker of heaven and earth can heal you in a instant or through treatment…either way I ask Him everyday, if it is His will, to heal you!

    Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww!!! And I could not be more proud of you, my father-in-law for 10 years! How blessed are we to have you?!!! Your attitude through all this is incredible! Love you to the moon!!

    ReplyDelete