Saturday, March 3, 2012

My week off

Thursday was technically the start of my extra week off.  I was still upset that I had a setback in my treatment schedule so I really didn't do anything.  Vic and Sam told me that I have to embrace the time off and treat it as a positive.  I agreed and told Sam that his mother and I would drive down to Kenosha and take him out to dinner Friday night.  We decided on going to a place that for the last 5 years we have driven past when going to Sam's games and always made the comment that we should eat there sometime.  The place.....Apple Holler.....for a fish fry!  Unfortunately the weather decided not to embrace my new attitude towards my off time and a winter storm warning was issued for the exact time we decided to go.  Undaunted, I decided if we take our time we would still go.  It was really snowing hard but two hours later we made it to Sammy's place.  We drove to the "Holler" hoping it was not closed due to the weather.  To our delight the open sign was lit in the window but, a strange feeling came over us when we realized there was only one car in the parking lot.  We went in and sure enough, NO Waiting!  There was one other table with people and us.  Needless to say the service was wonderful, the food was out quickly and was really good.  It was a great night with Vic and Sam and I am very glad we decided to do it.  I will try to take advantage of my time off this week by doing something everyday that I would not have done if my treatment stayed on schedule.
Saturday morning and Vic and I (mostly Vic) snow blowed and shoveled the walk and driveway.  Is this fun or what?!!  Just kidding, I really am going to enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment