Thursday, March 15, 2012

Round 5 update

Things have been going well during this round.  I have really been enjoying the mild weather because it has allowed me to take a walk every night.  Unfortunately I still get fatigued very quickly so I can't walk as far as I would like to but, the walks have been wonderful.   I would like to challenge everyone to take the time, as often as possible, to take a walk with your spouse, kids or a friend.  Not only will you get the exercise you need, you will have an opportunity to spend some quality time together.  It's amazing how much Vic and I find to talk about without the distractions of the household commotion. Talk about your day, what went good and what went bad.  Talk about important upcoming events in your lives.  Use this time as a chance to get on the same page and reconnect.  The old "Eat dinner with the family" theory is old school because of technology.  Phones, TVs and IPads are to distracting.  Get away from it for awhile and spend one on one time with the ones you love.  Just a thought!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoyed being able to take in March Madness on the comfort of your couch instead of the discomfort of an office chair. The Badgers and the Warriors - I mean "Golden Eagles" - looked pretty good today. I wonder if Wisconsin will get into the 70s again in any upcoming game.

    By the way, taking your advice and going for a walk tonight with Sue and the girls. 60s and sunny!

    ReplyDelete