Friday, March 16, 2012

Another Bucket

As I said before, I have a few different "buckets" I want to take care of before I go.  Today is an opportunity to go into my "Grandchildren Bucket".  Caroline Victoria Katula turns 2 years old today! Happy Birthday Sweetheart.
When I was told I had cancer, the possibility of me not being around to see my grandchildren grow up was one of the first things that came to my mind.  It was a devastating thought.  From the time the girls were born, I always dreamed of doing special "grandparents" things with my grandchildren. As I spent more time with the girls, I realized that all the wonders of being a grandparent were actually true.  I now know that God has placed an empty space in my heart that can only be filled with the love for my grandchildren, and fill it they did.  Based on my situation I have to change my thinking for the future.  I have to take each and every opportunity with my grandchildren, no matter how small, and embrace it.  To be able to celebrate Caroline's 2 year birthday is another milestone for me.  It's these milestones that keep me looking forward to more.  Not only more milestones but, more grandchildren!  Wink...Wink :)      

1 comment: