Monday, March 12, 2012

Back to the "Sports Bucket"

The first weekend of round 5 has passed with no other problems.  As a matter of fact I had a wonderful Sunday because of the pleasant weather.  I was able to figure out that 60+ degree temps are ok for me to go outside with very little effect from the cold aversion.  I was able to join Vic, her parents and Bob and Donna Duesing for a nice walk with the dogs at the park.

Back to the Sports Bucket and one of the best times of the year...March Madness!  Watching this was one of the goals I had set after diagnosis.  I really enjoy what this tournament stands for.  These teams have all worked very hard during the season to gain a spot in this tournament.  Now that the teams have been selected the records are all thrown out and it comes down to anyone being able to beat anyone.  This is the tournament that has really coined the phrase "Cinderella Story"  Against all odds there will be teams that end up winning games nobody thought they could.  They will win the hearts of fans who have never heard of them and who will cheer them on to continue to defeat the odds.  I feel I can relate to the "underdog".  My initial odds were against me big time but, with the support of my fans and God's will, I am a true Cinderella Story.  I have a lot of time to research and work on my brackets this year.  I think I may select a few more long shots this year than in the past.  You know what they say... Birds of a feather!

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking Wisconsin, Michigan, Marquette and Duke in the Final Four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the walk and the family time together. Hearing you tell stories from when you were a kid is always entertaining! You have a great way of telling stories Chuck! Hope we are able to do that again real soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete