Thursday, March 29, 2012

Round 6 starts tomorrow

I will be starting round 6 of chemo tomorrow morning.  I had blood work and labs done today and again it was mixed results.  I will not be given Avastin as part of my chemo cocktail during this round because my platelet count went down again.  I think I am the only person who's platelet count goes up during treatment and down during my week off.  It is supposed to be the other way around but, as they say in the oncology department, "every body is different".  My liver function numbers are on the high side of normal but they did use the term normal, so that's good.  The bad news is that my tumor count went up again.  They really don't know why it is going up.  The doctor said it is not ideal at this point and we will watch it closely.  If it continues to go up, we will have to change our course of treatment.  I have a PET scan scheduled for mid April.  This will give us a much better answer as to why the count is going up.  All other numbers have not changed and I feel good physically.  I am going into this round like all others with lots of prayer and a positive attitude. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment