Thursday, March 8, 2012

Treatment tomorrow? YES!!

The numbers are in and they are not too bad.  My platelet count is 78, up from 62.  This is not ideal but we once again agreed to stay aggressive.  Unfortunately, we cannot push the envelope when it comes to adding the Avastin to my treatment and the numbers are still too low for that, so we are just sticking with a full dose of what I've been taking.  My Bilirubin count is back to a normal level so it is no longer a problem for right now.  The nurse told us that my liver function numbers are "normal" and she actually used the term miraculous.  I also can't believe my liver is still working at normal levels especially after I look at the PET scan which still shows major tumor involvement.  Then I got the tumor marker number and that was down to 427 from 614 only 9 days ago.  I hate the treatment but I am glad it's working and I'm glad to get it started again.  I once again thank you for all the prayers and I want you to know it is working.

2 comments:

  1. This is such INCREDIBLE news DadKat!! It truly is amazing how powerful our prayers are!!! We all continue to pray and be sure you know how much all your Katula girls LOVE you!! (ok and your Big Boy too) :) Good Luck today....and lets keep kicking some Cancer A**!!!!! :) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to give yourself credit for your positive attitude and courage in attacking this with everything you've got. And, like they say, laughter is the best medicine, and you and your care team are proving that to be true. Good luck with this round!

    ReplyDelete