Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Are You Happy?

I was watching the news today and they had a story about a poll that asked the question "Are you Happy with your life?" Surprisingly enough even with today's economic turmoil 60% of the people said they were happy.  Now, only 20% said real happy and 40% said mostly happy but as the reporter said happy was happy.  This got me thinking....Am I happy?  The answer is yes. I realize I could very easily say I wasn't happy due to my circumstances and I would be totally justified doing it but, that would not be true.  When I think about having a happy life I think about the entire body of work, not just the last two months. There is an old saying "If you want to be happy for an hour, take a nap......for a day, go fishing.......for a year, inherit some money .......for life, help someone else." I have tried to be helpful whenever I could be, so that must be why I feel happy with my life.  How do you feel about your happiness?  If you are not happy, do something for someone else.  It can be for your wife, husband or the kids.  It doesn't have to be an earth shattering event, just do something.  Help with homework or a school project.  Teach something you know to someone who wants to know.  Everyday do something for someone even if just making them smile.  You will be happier!!

3 comments:

  1. Chuck, I will be in contact with you again shortly.. Wasn't able to get out to see you due to a cold.. I really enjoyed your latest blog.. Funny, you must have read my mind because it was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic and so true! I can only hope to help people in the future as much as it seems that your healthcare team helps you...I also hope you know that your writing in this blog helps more people than you know (including me) through your inspiring words. Every day spent with the people we love with God watching over us is a happy one....Happy Thursday!! Can't wait to see you all on Saturday :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this was the very first blog of yours that I read and I absolutely loved it! It really hit home with me with some things going on in my life. Everyone has their struggles, but it's how we deal with and get past our struggles that makes us who we are. There's so much more to life that we need to be thankful for and we need to look past the hurt, pain, etc sometimes and see what we do have to be happy for! I just really loved what you said about finding the things that make you happy and focus on those things and if you are struggling to find something, well then, like you said make someone else happy. God would do the same:) Truely blessed! I hope you're doing well!
    Jadee

    ReplyDelete