Sunday, February 26, 2012

Just what the Doctor ordered

Matt, Allison and the girls are on their way back to Maryland but not before they gave me a weekend to remember.  I told you about Sammy's great game and the Friday night sleep over with the girls.  Well that was just the start of a wonderful weekend.  Saturday started with both girls waking me up with a kiss and a hug (have a bad day after that, not going to happen).  We had a fun day playing and then got ready for dinner with the family.  Vic, Matt, Allison, Sammy, Ali, Lillian, Caroline and myself all enjoyed a great meal together.  After dinner Vic and I took the girls for ice cream and then got them home to bed.  Matt, Allison, Sammy and Ali went out for an after dinner drink.  I was very happy they were able to spend some fun time together since it rarely happens when the kids are all home.  Sunday morning I was once again greeted by the girls and we played and watched cartoons.  We had agreed the night before that we would go out for breakfast with everyone including Nana and Grand Pa Duesing, which we did and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. After breakfast the girls got what they had been waiting for, a chance to go sledding and building a snowman.  WOW, what a weekend!  I've talked about the importance of family and spending time with your family when you can.  This was the best medicine I could ever get.  It makes me realize what the fight is really for.  God continues to give me time to do these things, they are not earth shattering events but, he knows what I need.  He knows what we all need, don't miss out on what he has for you.  Keep Praying and thinking good thoughts.

FYI- I have a PET scan scheduled for 8am tomorrow.  This scan will show what is happening to the tumors in my body.  They show bright if they are active and darker as they die off.  We will have the results on Wednesday and I will let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Chuck, our fingers are all crossed for the best possible PET scan results.. May God continue to bless you and your family with (improving) health and happiness. We love you all..

    ReplyDelete