Friday, February 17, 2012

Keep moving forward

As I watch the news today I cannot sit back any longer without screaming, "Stop blaming other people for your problems!!" We have become a society of not taking responsibility for our actions and in my opinion this is causing us to stagnate as a nation.  I feel our lives are a series of obstacles that we must overcome in order to move on and succeed.  When we blame everyone and everything else for our obstacles, we have a tendency to wait for these obstacles to be taken care of for us because they are "not my fault".  There are to many people waiting for their problems to be taken care of by someone else.  Take responsibility for your own lives and move forward.  We have to stop living in a 20/20 hindsight world.  Stop looking for who's to blame for the past and do something yourself to make a difference in the future.  Why do I have cancer? Who's to blame? Who should pay for my situation?  If these are the questions I become obsessed with, I will miss out on all the wonderful events still to come in my future.  I realize there are times when outside sources cause harm and it's no fault of your own.  Fine, take care of it and move on. I believe God wants us to help each other get over the obstacles in our lives and move on to greater things.  Look around and recognize the things that will make a positive difference in your life.  It may not be easy but as I said before it's how you deal with your obstacles that will define your life.  Look ahead and keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment