Friday, February 24, 2012

A day to remember

How's this for a special day.  This morning when I woke up I felt pretty good both mentally and physically.(probably carryover from last night) I looked outside, saw the snow and felt that I was feeling good enough to tackle some snow removal from the driveway.  I bundled up, took my time and finished with no problems, other than trying to figure out a way to tell Vic I did it after she specifically told me I was not allowed to do it.  My plan was to use the best part of my day to distract Vic from yelling at me.  That's right, the grand daughters came over in the afternoon and they are spending the night.  When Vic got home from work the girls ran into her arms and I confessed.  All she said to me was, "Are you feeling ok?"  I said yes and she just hugged the girls.  We have been busy.  We went outside and played in the snow, had a snowball fight and Lillian and I took a walk around the yard looking for animal tracks.  Dinner was their favorite consisting of chicken strips, french fries and ranch dressing.  We played for awhile and then the girls took a bath and played in the tub.  After pajamas were put on, it became time to cuddle up with Papa.  Caroline has been a little under the weather with an ear infection so she was the first to go down.  Lillian moved between Nana and Papa and eventually got tired enough to go to bed.  The girls were tucked in their princess bed, Lillian said her prayers and asked God to help Papa feel better.  She then kicked me out of the room and asked Nana to read her a story.  They are both sound asleep now.  If someone says they can tell me a better way to spend a day, I would have to call them a liar.  It doesn't get any better!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment