Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday 2012

This is another milestone for me.  When I was initially diagnosed back in November, the prognosis for my survival was given in months based on the number of tumors in my liver.  This got me thinking of things I was going to miss.  As most of you know sports has played a large part in our family make up.  We have been involved in one type of sport every year for the past 25 years and with Matt playing in the NFL and Sam playing college basketball the sports influence lives on.  I bring this up because early on in my recovery I made the decision to have a few mental bucket lists.  One of these is my "Sports Bucket".  I have placed numerous things in this bucket and being around for this Super Bowl was one of them.  The good news is, the initial prognosis is wrong and so far it looks like I'll be here for awhile but, I am still  putting the major sports championships in my Sports Bucket.  Future Super Bowls, March Madness basketball and World Series will be something I look forward too like never before.  There are other things in the sports bucket that hit a little closer to home and I will talk about them during later posts. For now I am blessed to watch this years Super Bowl and look forward to many more.  Go Pack( I had to say it.)  I meant GO ___________________, you fill in the blank.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's because the Pack wasn't in it, but I wouldn't call that Super Bowl "epic" or "one for the ages" as the Eastern media is labeling it. It was close in the end, but it was kept close by ineptitude and mistakes. No explosive plays. And very average long snapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "sports bucket list" for you was for you to make it to my senior day! That was one of my biggest fears because you have been there since day one...but it looks like you are gonna make it! Bring out the kleenex at Half court...Mom and I are gonna need it haha! I have a feeling that this will not be your last senior day you will see (Lillian, Caroline, and future Katulas).

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN to that Sammy!!! We are sure to have some more athletes in this family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete