Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

I decided to post after the weekend was over so I could cover all that happened.  I'll start with Friday.  I had another treatment and all went normal.  I was very pleased with the results of my blood work.  My platelet count went up to 93, which is the highest it has been in a long time.  My tumor marker is down to 42 and my liver function is good.  So far this is telling us that the tumors are becoming less active.  This is  just what we want.
Saturday was moving day for Sammy.  We had to move Sam out of his apartment in Kenosha and bring his stuff home.  The nurse told me specifically not to do anything, other than direct the move, because of my "fragile" state after my treatment.  How could I not listen to that tremendous advice?  In order to make the move as efficient as possible, I had to make the call to the pros......Three Duesings and a Truck.  That's right, Bob, Donna and Kyle were lifesavers and we thank them for all their help.
Sunday was a very relaxing day.  The only real hard labor we did was when Sam and I did a little lumberjack work, nothing major, just some branches that needed to be removed.  It was very hot so we decided to spend the afternoon at Nana and Grandpa's pool.  I have to be very careful in the sun so I just sat under the umbrella and did not swim.  It was nice to relax.
Monday was another day at the pool, along with a nice meal.  It was very warm again so I had to watch myself so I did not overheat.  I really enjoyed spending time with the family on Memorial Day.  When I was working I usually spent this holiday at work.
Overall it was a really great weekend and I look forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment