Sunday, May 13, 2012

Living the Dream

It actually was better than I imagined.  My Friday chemo infusion went well and my new partner, Allison, was a pleasure to have with me.  Unfortunately, I did not get a full set of numbers this week.  The doctor did not order a tumor marker test for this round. (I think it is an insurance company decision due to the cost of the test)  I should get a number next week.  All other numbers were good enough to proceed with treatment.
We had the girls over Friday night for dinner and a sleep over.  After dinner we spent a couple hours outside on a "safari" looking for treasure.  What a wonderful time!
Saturday was a great day.  We could not be more proud of Sam.  He graduated with his BA in History and Education, Cum Laude and with a minor in Economics.  The sky is the limit for his future, I can't wait to see what's next.
The girls slept over again on Saturday.  We spent the night watching Disney videos on You-Tube before we all went to bed.  They are such sweet girls.
Sunday was an early start.  Matt, Allison, the girls, Sammy, Gigi, Pop-pop, Vic and I all went to the zoo for Mothers Day.  We got there when the zoo opened at 9 am and spent the morning and early afternoon. This was tremendous to see the girls interact with us while seeing the animals.  I'm so glad I was able to do this with the girls and I hope they have the same happy memories that I have of the great day.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to spend time with my family.  They are my strength.  Thank you for my grand daughters, Lillian and Caroline.  They are the light of my life.  When Lillian asked me if her prayers are working to make me feel better, how could I not say yes, how could they not be helping.  Dear Lord continue to hear our prayers and continue to give me the strength to heal and accept your will.  Bless my family and friends in everything they do.  Thank you Lord for all you do, amen.

2 comments:

  1. This definitely did sound like an absolutely perfect weekend for you and your family. Couldn't beat the weather yesterday - great day to be at the zoo! Big congrats to Sam on his graduation!! You are blessed with such a wonderful family and to have made so many great memories with them. I continue praying that you will make many, many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to take a big bite of life and savor it. That's what it's all about. Numbers can wait.

    ReplyDelete