Thursday, May 24, 2012

Still here

Sorry I have not posted for awhile but I've actually been busy living life.  I can tell you that I have been doing well.  The weekly treatments cause me to be a little more tired than before but it is to be expected since my body does not have a time to heal.  With that said, I would like to tell you what I've been up to.  The weather has been so wonderful that I thought it would be great to work outside in the garden.  Lucky for me Sam was home all weekend and really helped me a lot, especially with the heavy lifting.  Vic was my driver and spent more time at the garden supply stores than I'm sure she wanted to but, as time went on she also got into it.  We have beautiful flowers all over the back patio as well as the front gardens.  Vic also decided to plant a salsa garden with tomatoes, peppers and herbs.  I also did something I've wanted to do for a long time.  I made a beef brisket in the smoker.  This large piece of meat took over 6 hrs to cook. I watched TV shows on how to do it and I read many different recipes.  It scared me to realize that it either works and you get a great piece of meat or it doesn't and you get a large piece of leather.  Well, I'm pleased to announce it worked and the meat was great.  I spent hours just sitting out on the patio with Ramzi.  This dog cannot be tired out.  I had him running for an entire afternoon and he still wanted more.  It's wonderful to have him home with me.  He keeps me company and he is never in a bad mood.  If I need some positive energy he is always willing to supply it.  I also was able to cut and trim the grass.  This has always been my obsession, "The Yard".  I have 1 acre to take care of so it does take some time to do it right.  Now it takes me a lot longer.  I have to watch out for too much sun exposure and just getting too tired.  My rest time is a mandatory rule set by Vic in order for me to be allowed to do this.  At first I thought she was being too cautious but,  now I realize she was right.  There is no reason to rush.  I just enjoy the opportunity to be able to do it.
Today I go back to the hospital for  blood work and consultation.  If that goes well, I will go back tomorrow for treatment.
I thank God for the chance to be able to do the things I have done this week.  I have spent some great time with the ones I love.  The flowers we planted are a constant reminder to me that life is both beautiful and fragile.  I have to take care of the flowers on a daily basis in order for them to bloom to their potential, if I don't they will wither and die.  I use this as a life lesson.  God wants us to make certain we bloom to our potential.  Don't allow your spiritual self to wither and die.  Pray every day and thank God for all of your blessings.  This will allow you to live life as a beautiful bloom for all to see and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chuck - finally got my google account setup. First off thanks for your constant posts to your blog. It is great to know how you are doing. All your friends from the FISH continue to "work the beads" for you. As you know prayer is powerful thing and I know you have lots of people praying for you. Sounds like you have been pretty busy with your yard work and that six hour smoker experience. Reminds of the time we had a bunch of people over for a Packer Game and had planned to cook a big turkey on the grill - took over six hours too but it was pretty good although the family no longer allows me to cook turkey on the Weber. Hope you are looking forward to a good Memorial Day Weekend and that the boys will be here to celebrate with you and Vic. Thanks again for all your updates. Our prayers and well wishes continue for you, Vic and the FAM.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete