Saturday, May 5, 2012

Great News

I had my chemo infusion yesterday and all went well.  Prior to the treatment I had blood work done and the results were great.  My platelet count is slowly going up, it's at 93 vs 88 last week. (perspective: When I started treatment it was 343).  All other liver function numbers were pretty much unchanged from last week.  The best news was my tumor marker count.  As of yesterday it was down to 191 from 480 last week. (perspective : When I started treatment my tumor marker was just shy of 3000, keep in mind normal is between 0-2).  Everyone at the doctor's office was very happy with the results and kept reminding me the worse the rash, the better the medication is working.  So here is my new formula for beating this thing;  Prayer + Positive Attitude + Good Support + Rash = Remission!!

1 comment:

  1. That's fabulous! What a great way to start a special day. We'll be thinking of you tonight as you're recognized at the banquet and share your story. Keep up the positive thinking and we'll keep up the prayers.

    ReplyDelete