Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dream Week

 This week is shaping up to be a dream come true.  Matt, Allison and the girls flew in last night.  They stopped by the house and I got to give the girls a big hug and kiss.  Boy, I really miss that.  This morning I  was able to do something else I've been looking forward to.  Matt and Vic took me golfing.  It was great to get out and I actually played well.  I knew Matt plays really good and I was really impressed with how well Vic played.  I also found out my body is only good for nine holes with a cart.  I now have another goal to shoot for, 18 holes of golf without collapsing.  After golf I was able to go home for a well needed rest.  Later in the day Allison called and invited Vic and I to join her and the girls to go out for custard at Kopps.  We all sat outside and enjoyed our cones.  On the way home we decided to stop at Gigi and Pop Pops house. (Vic's Mom and Dad)  The girls also wanted to see Ramzi, who is still staying with them for now.  It was fun to see the girls run around with the dog.  Ramzi did real good with them also.
This is just the beginning.  The girls will be sleeping over at our house on Friday.  Sammy graduates from college on Saturday and we will all be going to the zoo on Sunday.  This is the type of week that allows me to forget about my illness and just enjoy what I have been blessed with, a wonderful family.

Just a side note.  I will still be getting blood work/labs done on Friday.  I will also be receiving my weekly chemo infusion.  The only difference is that I will be joined by a new partner.  Allison will be spending the day with me at the hospital in order to experience what I go through.  I'll say it again, I have a wonderful family and I thank God for them everyday!!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you can work up to 18 holes before I come down and we can get out and play. Say hi to Matt and Allison and those beautiful girlies. And make sure they have pretties in their hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Chuck. The Higgins continue to pray for you. I continue to be amazed at your spirit. Love Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just out playing the other day and I thought to myself "I wonder if Chuck can get out and Play?" So glad to hear u got to enjoy that with the family. I have always found it so relaxing to be on the course. To many people get angry and crazy about how they play, just never understood it. Have fun and enjoy the nature around u while having fun playing a game and not being at work is what I constantly remind people I play with. However I just got some new Irons that I cant hit at all. Hopefully I can bend them a couple degrees and hit em better. hope you can get that 18 holes in!! Then you have to shoot for beating MATT! :)

    ReplyDelete