Sunday, May 6, 2012

Coaches vs Cancer Benefit Dinner

Last night Vic, Sam, Ali and I attended the Coaches vs Cancer dinner, of which I was an honoree representing UW Parkside. The dinner was held at the Kohl Center in Madison.  There were over 600 people in attendance and they all seemed to be very generous when it came to donating to the American Cancer Society via the live and silent auctions.  The total raised for the night was just over $450,000.  I was honored as a "Fan of the Year" which allowed me to write a short story about my battle with cancer. They read that story and showed pictures that I supplied on big screens and the jumbo tron.  The dinner was great, the company was great and the message of the evening, finding a cure, was very inspiring.  I thank God every day for allowing me to be able to participate in events like this one.  I want to continue to have a positive impact on the people who hear my story and prove that you can be blessed  no matter what you are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment