Thursday, May 17, 2012

On this day, 32 years ago.........

On this day, 32 years ago, I made Vicki Lee Duesing my wife.  As husband and wife we have stayed together through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.  The key word to the previous sentence is "together".  It's easy to handle the highs or the good things in a marriage.  It's the way the lows or the bad things are handled that can cause a marriage to fail.  When I said "I will" to the "for better or worse, til death due us part",  I was serious and so was Vic. We have done everything together.  We have laughed together and cried together. We have not always agreed on everything, but together we have been able to overcome our differences.  When I tell people that I've been married for over 30 years I always get a "Wow, that's long".  If I would tell someone that I've been friends with someone for over 30 years I would hear "Wow, that's cool".  There is the answer to a long marriage, make certain your spouse is your best friend and treat them as such.  Share everything with them, good or bad.  Be a shoulder to cry on when needed and be willing to laugh at the humor life gives us.  Pray together. Pray for each other and  thank God every day for what you've been blessed with.  That's my recipe, try it out. 

1 comment:

  1. I have been blessed beyond measure and am so thankful to have been able to share every high and every low over the past 32 years...with my prince charming.

    ReplyDelete