Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yesterday's treatment info

I had my weekly treatment yesterday and all went well.  Unfortunately, I have been experiencing a few more side effects from the chemo drugs.  The new side effects now include very painful infections in my nail beds around my fingers.  I have to take antibiotics and soak my fingers twice a day in order to heal them up.  I also have to put bandages on my finger tips everyday.  Buy stock in the Band Aid company, I think I am using them all up.  This problem is from the Erbitux, the same drug that causes my rash.  The other problem I am having is caused by the drug I have been taking since day one, Xeloda.  This drug has been building up in my system and my body is not handling it as well as it has in the past.  This has caused what is called neuropathy, the loss of feeling in my finger tips and feet.  It feels like my fingers and feet are semi asleep.  I have a mild case at this point but, it will get worse as treatments continue. The only way to stop this is to stop the drugs.  I am not willing to do this because the combination of the drugs I am taking seems to be working well.  That is the good news.  My numbers are really good.  My platelets are at 90 (higher than they have been for a long time), my bilirubin is at 1.3 (at the high side of normal) and most important my tumor count went down to 26 ( normal being 0-2, but I was at 3000 at the beginning). I pray everyday for this trend to continue and I ask everyone to do the same.  Thanks again for all the support, it has not been in vain.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chuck:

    Continue to include you and the FAM in my prayers. Thanks for the updates. Your courage and attitude are simply wonderful. Special thanks!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete