Saturday, May 19, 2012

Good numbers again this week

My numbers this week were very good again.  My liver function is about the same as it has been over the past few weeks, on the high side of normal.  My bilirubin count is a little higher than they want it at 1.4.  They would like to see under 1 but, with weekly treatment they think it will be tough to get it down.  My platelet count is still the only problem as it continues to be low.  My count was 74 which caused the Pharmacist to halt my treatment.  My doctor had to call him and convince him that I could handle the treatment, which he did and I received the infusion.  Now, for the great news, my tumor marker went down to 54 from 191.  This is a sure sign that the combination of meds I am currently taking is working to stop the growth of the tumors.  Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Platelet schmatelet! You know those pharmacists -- except for Ali, of course. Great news on the numbers! Makes the rash less of a big deal. Remember, ugly is only skin deep.

    ReplyDelete