Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Important next two days

It  has already been 6 weeks since my last PET scan.  I am scheduled for another one tomorrow.  Just as a re cap, this scan shows the tumor activity.  I am infused with a radioactive solution that makes the tumors light up on the scan.  The brighter the tumor the more active it is.  My last scan was very promising because the bright spots were very scattered and much smaller than in the past.  In my first PET scan my entire liver was one big bright spot.  It really shows how well the treatment has been working.  I will meet with the oncologist to review the scan on Friday morning and discuss how my treatment will be handled in the future.  This is always a big appointment for me because it gives an actual visual account of what is truly going on with my cancer.  I'll let you know the results.  Keep praying.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, prayers for you my friend! You are a great inspiration to us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working the beads for you and the FAM Chuck. And so are a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete