Wednesday, August 22, 2012

8-22-82

It was the title placed on a picture from a Polaroid Land Camera, 8-22-82.  The picture was of my 1st born son Matthew and it was prominently displayed on my desk at work.  Hard to believe that was 30 years ago today.  That's right, it is Matt's birthday today and he is 30.  I remember the pride I felt when he was born and that feeling of pride has never gone away.  Matt has been the son everyone would love to have.  He was always a good student.  He was always a great athlete.  But, the thing that I feel the most pride about is that Matt is a great person.  He has always been kind and caring and 30 years later he is still the same.  He has shown me that he is a wonderful father to my grandchildren and a good husband to my daughter in law.  The one thing I have learned over the past 9 months is that out of everything you have in life, the love of your family is the only thing you can count on to be there forever.  I know Matt believes this and it is this attitude that makes Matt the best father and husband he can be.  It's been a great 30 years and I ask everyone to join in and wish Matt a Happy Birthday and say a prayer for him and his family's continued happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment