Friday, August 10, 2012

Still here

I'm sorry I have not posted since last Friday.  I guess I was living up to the name I had on this blog "writers block".  I really had nothing to report.  It  seems like sometimes everything just stays the same, no ups or downs.  I was having a hard time coming up with something interesting, I was truly having writers block.  Every time I would open this site to write something, I would look at the title and my mind would go blank.  So what I did was change the name of the blog to something that really describes how I feel.  I changed the name to "Blessed".  Now, when I look at the title, I know why I'm writing this blog.  It's not just for me.  It's not just to give numbers.  This blog is my proof, to everyone who reads it, that even in the most dire circumstances God's blessings are all around us.  I use the term "us" because I've also come to the realization that it is not just me who is affected by cancer.  I may possess the physical signs of the disease but, all of you are affected in one way or another due to my illness.  I want this blog to be a source of inspiration, as well as information, to all who read it.  This battle cannot be won without God's help and the support of all you, so keep praying and count your blessings everyday.

I did have blood work and treatment today. The numbers are looking good.  My platelet count has gone back to being low again, but it is normal for me during chemo.  The good news is the tumor marker number went down to 28 from 41.  Everything seems to be going in the right direction.  For those who are keeping score, yes my face rash went away when I was off chemo and yes it is back, but not as bad as it was the first time.  That's a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment