Thursday, August 30, 2012

Great week

Having the girls here this week has been great. (I include Allison in on the "girls")  We've been to the zoo, had a sleep over, celebrated Lillian's 4th birthday, gone swimming twice and we still have the rest of the week.  I had an appointment with my LP nurse today and she asked me how my fatigue level was.  I thought for  a bit. I should be very tired, but I'm not.  Doing these things with the girls actually energizes me.  I can't help it, but every time I do something with those girls I pray that it is not the last time I'll be able to do it.  This gives me the energy to keep going.  Now, I'm not saying that after the day is done that I am not tired, of course I am.  It's like the runner who keeps running as fast as he can and collapses after crossing the finish line.  There will be plenty of time for me to rest when the race is over.  For now,  I will do anything my grand daughters want to do.  I love it!!

I did have blood work today along with my consultation.  I seem to be in a holding pattern with almost everything.  My liver function is good, my platelets are still low and my tumor marker went down by only 1 point.  Again the good news is that nothing went the wrong way.  I'm constantly reminded that no movement is better than bad movement.  I will be getting my chemo infusion tomorrow and after I get home from the hospital I will enjoy another great night.  You know why?

Lillian and Caroline will be coming over for dinner and stay the night.  I'm looking forward to playing make believe, maybe building a fort with blankets, reading stories and just snuggling.  Again, thank you Lord for these moments and I pray for many more.

1 comment: