Friday, August 3, 2012

Scan results

I met with the oncologist today and we reviewed my latest PET scan and blood work.  First the blood work numbers.  All of my liver function numbers look good.  My liver is doing what it is supposed to do with very little problems being caused by the tumors.  My platelet count stayed at a high level for me with a count of 110 and the all important tumor marker number came down to 47 from 63.
The results of the PET scan did show some increased tumor activity but we expected some increase due to the fact I was off treatment for 4 weeks.  The doctor did admit that we lost some ground but he feels we should be back on track now.  I have to watch my fingers very closely for any infection.  If I can go a while with no infection we will increase the Erbitux dose back to 100%.
I feel good because the doctor said we should set up our next scan for the usual 6 weeks out.  Anytime a cancer patient hears the doctor setting things up for 6 weeks out, it gives you a good feeling about what's happening.  Thanks for all the support, I could not do this without all of you.  

3 comments:

  1. We continue to be amazed at your postive attutude and the strength of your faith. You are a great inspiration!.Glad to hear the good numbers We are praying for you daily!
    The Treichel's

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inpsiration indeed. Reading your posts gives me a greater appreciation for those that are in my life, and the blessings of God that pour down on all of his children.

    *Memories*
    You always took an interest in what was going on in my life outside of work at safro. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck, I will continue to request that you continue in life considering how you have kept a blog going for anyone to read. Your words really get one to appreciate what they have. I just listened to Bob Coy on the Active Word talking on this topic and I read your thoughts in the midst of this health challenge and that 'thankfulness' attitude is reinforced. Great to hear your voice too on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete