Thursday, August 16, 2012

Great month so far....more to come

Wow, this has been a great month so far. August has always been a busy month for our family because of everything that's going on.  This year I have really been looking forward to enjoying August more than ever, due to the fact I was told I may not be here.  Well, by the grace of God, I'm still here and I'm feeling good enough to participate.  What has happened so far?  I've been cleared to re-start my chemo treatment and it's going well.  I was able to walk and eat my way through State Fair.  I spent a day at the lakefront watching the Milwaukee Air Show.  I got out on the golf course and shot pretty well. I celebrated Vic's birthday.  We finally got rain and I was able to cut my grass.  These are the things I've done so far this month and it is only half over.  What's coming up?  Zoo Ala Carte starts today and I will be going to that.  There are more birthdays to celebrate,  Matt's 30th and Lillian's 4th.  Allison and the girls are coming to visit and this will include birthday parties, zoo visits and anything else the girls want to do. (Because PaPa said so.)  The best part of this is that everything I am doing has included my family. Not only my wife and kids but brother and sister in laws, nieces and nephews, grandchildren and more.  It is definitely not the event as much as it is who you are sharing the event with that makes it  special.  I have two choices, feel sorry for myself and withdraw from everything or have some fun and enjoy what I have left.  My family allows me to put aside my illness and have fun.  So, for the second half of this month I challenge all of you to put aside your problems and have some fun with your family.  I know I will.  Keep praying everyday.  

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Chuck,
    I wanted to let you know that I read and check your blog every day! Some of your posts make me sad, but all of them make me think! I am begining to look around and see my surroundings. I am also begining to enjoy every moment of life and to not always be thinking of the future. Thank you for that and know that I love you and send you all my prayers!
    Yours truly,
    Carolyn Schwartz (Kay)

    ReplyDelete