Saturday, July 28, 2012

Friday's numbers

I had treatment yesterday and all went well.  My liver function numbers are about the same as they have been, high side of normal.  I was really happy with my platelet numbers as they were 119 which is the highest they have been in quite a while.  It was kind of funny for Vic and I when the nurse got my numbers.  This is the first time I had this nurse handle my infusion.  She normally works at Froedert full time and comes to Waukesha once a month.  She was very concerned with my platelet count being so low and questioned whether I should get treatment.  We laughed and told her that I have had treatment when my count was in the 60's and not to worry, 119 is very high for me.  She looked at my history, shook her head and said ok.  Next we asked for my tumor marker number.  She said she would get it to me as soon as the lab got the results.  A short while later she came into the room looking very nervous.  She handed me the lab readout and walked out of the room without saying a word.  The tumor marker number was too high for her to discuss it with us, or so she thought.  It was 60 and Vic and I were very happy.  I think she checked my history again and understood our reaction.  I'm doing good and happy to be back on track.

2 comments:

  1. I just found this blog, and am very happy that I did. You will be in my prayers.
    ~Josiah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I will continue to follow this blog. Miss ya Bro!

      Delete