Monday, September 3, 2012

Go east my girls

Well, the girls are gone. They headed back home to Baltimore.  Allison, Lillian and Caroline took a special passenger with them... Nana.  That's right, the four of them drove back to Maryland, non stop I might add.  It took them about thirteen hours and they all made it back safe and sound.  Vic will fly back Thursday night after helping Allison with some finishing touches on the nursery, attending Lillian's first soccer practice and seeing Lillian off to her first day of school.  It was wonderful having the girls here.  Just think, in four short months I'll have to start saying the girls and my boy.  I can't wait.  There was a time when I was not sure I would be here to experience the birth of my grandson but, God has continued to bless me with good results from my treatments.  At this point, I feel that time is my ally and not my enemy.  That being said, I will never take for granted the time I am able to spend with my grand children or the rest of my family.  This past week has not only filled my memory banks, it has filled my heart with the love that only a grandchild can give.  I miss them already.  Thank you Lord for allowing me this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment