Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another Doctor to See

I had an interesting day today at the hospital.  My blood work came back with good news.  My tumor marker has not changed during my time off of treatment.  It has held to 15.  All of the other numbers are pretty much the same with the exception of my platelets.  For some odd reason they went down during my time off.  My doctor doesn't know why my platelets seem to do the opposite of what they should, he just shakes his head because this is how it has been since day one.  The big question was my finger infections.  The answer to that question is.........No treatment again!  The infections have gotten bad enough that they want me to see a different doctor who specializes in infections.  I will see him tomorrow.  Hopefully he will have some answers and treatments to get this under control.  While I do want to start treatment again, I really need to get these infections under control.  I am slowly losing the use of my hands because of the pain in my fingertips.  You just do not realize how often you hit your fingertips on things.  Reaching into the silverware, holding a towel after a shower, buttoning a shirt, petting the dog and so many more activities I have always taken for granted.  I have to type this blog with the only two fingers that don't hurt.  It has been said, "You don't know what will kill you first, the cancer or the treatment".  I know the only way I will be able to get through this is with prayer and patience.  I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Time to teach Ramzi to type while you dictate. Say didn't Matt play goalie in soccer? Maybe there's a pair of soccer goalie gloves around there somewhere to protect your fingertips. Glad to hear that your tumor marker is holding steady while you get the infections under control. Thanks for playing through the pain with these updates. We're all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete