Saturday, June 23, 2012

Another week off

After a visit with my nurse practitioner, I was told they were going to suspend my treatment for another week.  The infections in my fingernails have not responded very well to the antibiotics they had given me last week and they do not want them to get worse.  I was prescribed a different and stronger medication to now take for one week.  My next appointment is for Thursday and we will do another evaluation of the infections and a full blood work up.  I'm curious to see how I feel with 2 full weeks of  no chemo drugs.  I hope this will be a good rest for my body but, I also don't want to back off what's been working so well.  I am finding out as we get closer to beating this cancer, that it is a balancing act between the treatment and what the treatment is doing to me.  I have to rely on my faith in God and the medical team in order to get to the desired results.

No comments:

Post a Comment