Friday, June 8, 2012

Todays treatment

I had my treatment today and all went well.  Besides my usual chemo partner Vicki, I was happy to have Sam join me today.  This gave Sam an opportunity to see what is all entailed for me during a day of treatment.  The nurses were all very informative, explaining to Sam what they were doing and why they were doing it.  I'm glad he was able to spend the day with me.
I did get a set of numbers this round and they were all good.  My liver function numbers were pretty much unchanged and still show me to be in the high side of normal.  My tumor marker continues to go down.  It came in today at 19.  The nurse who administered my infusion today has never treated me before.  When she gave us the tumor marker number, she seemed to be surprised how happy we were with a number of 19.  Vic noticed and told her that my number was 3000 when I was first diagnosed.  After that info she was just as happy as we were.
There have been a couple other instances recently of people seeing the healing work of the Lord.  Today the hospital Chaplin stopped in during my treatment and asked how everything is going.  I told him all was going well and he placed his hand on my knee and said "God Bless You".  He went on to tell us that his wife had cancer and she was now going on her 6th year cancer free.  He gave credit to prayer, miracles and medicine.  He wanted to make certain we knew he gave credit in that order and told us to keep believing.  The other instance showed me how blessed I am to still be here.  I had not seen the surgeon who performed my surgery since December.  He was the first one to show me the CT scan of my liver and explain just how bad the tumor involvement was, so he was very aware of my situation.  A couple of weeks after my surgery he installed my medi-port for chemo transfusions.  His last words to Vic were "Why does this have to happen to the good  guys?"  Fast forward to last Friday.  Vic and I ran into the doctor at the hospital in the hallway.  I was very impressed that he remembered me by my first name.  I was also very certain that he looked like he was seeing a ghost.  He did not think I was going to make it for very long after surgery.  He was not alone and based on the numbers and the scans other doctors and nurses felt the same.  Prayer, Miracles and Medicine, in that order, has allowed me to continue my life on this earth and I continue to thank God everyday for his blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear that the numbers continue in your favor. In addition to Prayer, Miracles and Medicine, I would add Positive Attitude. I'm sure there's been sadness along the way, but you've never let yourself be overcome by negativity. I think a lot of us reading your blog have gained a whole new perspective on our own everyday moments of negativity. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you, Vic and the FAM Chuck. Thanks for your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you continue to receiver more prayers, Miracles and healing medicine - in that order!

    ReplyDelete