Monday, June 18, 2012

Having fun out east

Like I said in my last post, I was going to busy.  I'll get everyone caught up on what's been happening.  My doctor appointment went both good and bad.  The good was that my tumor marker went down again to 15 from 19.  The bad was that my finger infections are getting worse and it caused the doctor to cancel my treatment for the week.  A bad infection would not be easy to fight due to my compromised immune system, so we have to get this under control before we continue treatment.  I've been put on more antibiotics, yaaaaay! more pills!
I am writing this blog from the comfort of Matt and Allison's home in Baltimore.  Sammy and I drove out and got here on Saturday.  Sam did a great job driving the whole way.
On Fathers Day I enjoyed a round of golf with my boys compliments of Matt.  We all had a great time. I was able to play all 18 holes which was a goal of mine before we went out.
Today it is raining a little so it's "Arts and Crafts day" with the girls.  Sam's teaching abilities have been very helpful.  The girls have been a blast to be with.  Both of them are so smart and beautiful.  Speaking of beautiful, Allison has been a wonderful hostess and she is just glowing.
We have a lot more planned for rest of the trip.  More golf, shopping, swim lessons, reading stories, watching movies and more.  I love the opportunity to be with them all.
I realize this trip was set up to be a "boys only" get together and it has been great but, I know the girls miss seeing their Nana and I miss having her with me.  See you soon honey!
I'll update more when I get home.  Keep praying!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I haven't visited in a while. I pray that the good news continues and that the side effects can be managed. Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete