Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Busy rest of week

It's going to be a busy next couple of days.  Wednesday I go into the hospital for a PET scan.  This scan will be very important because it will show if my lower tumor marker numbers are actually telling the real story, the tumors are not active.  I go back in on Friday morning for a full day.  I have blood work first, then I have a consultation with the doctor.  During the consult he will review the PET scan results with us.  Unfortunately,  I have to tell him about the fact that I am losing feeling in my fingers and feet.  This is a common side effect from the chemo pills I am taking.  I've been very lucky up to this point because this side effect usually happens very soon after first taking this drug.  I've been on this drug for six months at a very high dose with no problem until now.  Hopefully all he might do is lower the dose.  I don't want to change what's been working if I don't have to.  Finally,  after all that,  I go to the "Chemo Suites" for another treatment.  That seems like enough for one day but that's not all.  After my treatment, Sam and I are driving out to visit Matt, Allison and the girls in Baltimore.  We are taking Matt's car that he left in WI and flying back next week.  I had to make this trip now because we are planning on golfing and I do not know if I will be able to hold a golf club in the next couple of weeks.  So, that's how I am going to spend the rest of my week.  I'm going to bed and get some rest!

1 comment:

  1. Let us know how you hit 'em Chuck!

    And, Happy Father's Day too.

    ReplyDelete