Sunday, April 8, 2012

Thanks

I had a wonderful Easter today, I hope you did too.  Most people know one of my passions is to cook and this Easter gave me another opportunity to cook up a feast.  If you can recall, my surgery was performed during Thanksgiving week.  I missed the chance to make that meal.  As a matter of fact I supervised the meal prep from my computer in a hospital bed.  It was great to be back in my own kitchen preparing a brunch for friends and relatives.  I want to thank everyone that came over and shared their Easter with me and the family.  Now more than ever I try to soak in everything that's happening during the day.  It amazing to me how the kids all gather together to laugh and play as if they do it everyday.  The reality is they don't see each other that often.  Some live out of state and others are in college, but when they get together they don't skip a beat.  The different conversations going on throughout the house is music to my ears.  Moms talking to children, Dad's talking to Dad's, neighbors getting to know my relatives and on and on.  This is one of the special moments I think I will miss the most.  I am so blessed with great family and friends and the support I am getting from all of them is sometimes overwhelming.  My father in law prayed today before our meal and it was a very powerful moment.  He thanked God for the Easter miracle and all that he has given us.  He thanked God for our wonderful family and friends and he asked God for his healing power to be used on my illness.  I felt the wonderful presence of the Lord was with us and he will answer our prayers.  Thanks Pa.
I was even able to talk to the grand daughters via the computer today.  What a great day.  Good times with family and friends plus excellent food ( if I may say so myself).  It's a fact...HE IS  ALIVE !

No comments:

Post a Comment