Wednesday, April 25, 2012

1st labs with new medication

I will be getting blood work done tomorrow afternoon.  This will be the first time since I've been on new meds.  I'm very curious to see what my numbers will be after one week of treatment.  The "rash" side effect of this new med is terrible.  I have the rash on my face, neck, head and chest.  It looks like a severe sunburn with acne type bumps.  It itches and burns at the same time.  I hope they can give me something to ease these symptoms.  My hope is that my counts are getting good enough so I can switch to a different medication.  Believe me, chemo is hard enough to handle by itself.  I do not need a nasty rash on top of everything else.  I'll post the results when I get them.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you're demanding all the salves, lotions, creams and ointments they have to treat that rash. Hope your blood counts are good.

    ReplyDelete