Thursday, April 26, 2012

Remember the big picture

I just got home after my appointment.  I know I have been worried about the rash I have gotten since I was put on the new medication.  I've been so concerned with this rash that I have taken my eye off the big picture, killing off the cancer.  The lab work came back today and the numbers were great.  My platelets were up to 85 from 74, my bilirubin was down to 1.1 from 1.6 and the best news.....My tumor marker went down to 480 from 691!!  As of right now this is my new regimen of treatment , rash or not.  As long as it is working we will stay with it.  I was also prescribed some medication for the rash in order to calm it down.  It won't make it go away but, they said it will help.
This is the type of news I have been used to getting.  I will not take any of this type of news for granted because I have now experienced the alternative.  I will count the good news as a blessing and continue to pray for healing.  I have my 8th round of chemo tomorrow.  I ask for everyone to pray for an outcome like I had today.  I still ask for prayer regarding the "rash", it is not a good thing but, looking at the big picture, I can live with it.  That is the ultimate goal anyway.......living!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! Your skin may not like the new treatment, but neither does the cancer. Nice to get the tumor marker back under 500. Hope your appetite is still good and that you have the chance to get outside once in a while. Also hope the medication they gave you takes the edge off the rash. We're thinking of you and praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yay yay! This news made our day yesterday!!! If the rash means the medicine is working..... Bring it on!!!!!! :) (we promise to only Make a little fun of you!!) :) bring on round 8 and can't wait to get more good results! And really can't wait to be back in WI in a few weeks! Love you to the moon! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your amazing positive outlook continues to inspire us. Hang in there, in the grand scheme of things the rash will seem small compared to getting rid of the cancer! We keep praying for you! Enjoy some of the hockey playoffs this weekend (if your a fan :))

    Liz and Paul Ricci

    ReplyDelete