Monday, January 16, 2012

Time to Think

Today I had a PET scan.  I'm looking forward to the results of this scan due to the fact it should show if the tumors are being killed off or growing.  I will get the results on Wednesday when I have my meeting with my Oncologist.  The PET scan is different from a CT scan in that you get injected with a radioactive cocktail that makes the tumors light up and glow on a scan as opposed to just showing dark and light spots.  The injection of the radioactive material takes 1 hour.  I have to lie still for that hour and have nothing to do but think.  The scan itself takes a half an hour, and again I must be still with nothing to do but think.  I found my self thinking about what is happening to me.  Maybe it was the fact that I was in the hospital and nurses and radiology techs were all telling me how good I look based on my diagnosis.  It got me thinking,   why am I still here?  The initial prognosis for me was given in months.  I absolutely feel I have much more time than that.  My tests are all coming back with good news, I feel good physically and mentally.  I laid there in the bed thinking, what does God have in store for me?  I know I am not going to get a clear answer to that question, so I must be open and accepting to his will.  I will continue to pray for the miracle of divine healing and I ask everyone who reads this blog to do the same.  I also ask everyone to continue to live your lives knowing that tomorrow is not a guarantee and today is a gift (that is why they call it the "present").  I feel God wants me to remind everyone how important it is to truly connect with your family and friends.  Take the time to reach out and just say hi.  Give your kids a hug and a kiss and tell them how much they mean to you.  Tell your spouse how much you love them and how proud you are of everything they do to.  Do it now, when you can, it will enhance your life.

2 comments:

  1. You make a great point Dad and I think many people do not sit down to think as they should. No matter how busy work is, school is, the chores you have to do, you have to remember to leave time to reflect and to remember what is truly important in your life...friends, families, and loved ones. Sorry that it takes this to remember but I have a feeling God wants our bonds to be even stronger. Love you Dad and now that I am older, I understand why you have done everything you have for matt and I. It seems to have worked! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxious to hear about the results of your scan. Thanks for the reminder about family. It helps when I have teenage girls pushing their limits and pushing my buttons. Did you find a hobby yet to occupy your time? Hey, you could call it Occupy Fiebrantz. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete