Thursday, January 19, 2012

Round 3 begins....but almost didn't

I got some bad news when my blood work came in today.  My platelet count for some reason was lower than expected.  The nurse had to get in touch with my Dr and get approval for the treatment.  Dr Johnson has been very aggressive with my treatment and he didn't let me down this time, he said let's go for it and we will do another set of labs middle of next week to see how I'm doing.  Worst case is I need some extra platelets pumped into me.  I have also been told that I must not put myself in a position where I could cut or bruise myself since the platelets are the things that make the blood clot.  Lower count = less clotting.  I can not shave, get a haircut, do dishes, do laundry or vacuum.  Ok, according to Vic the laundry and vacuum might be a stretch but I know I can dust.  Like usual we have to wait for a test.  Keep praying.  By the way, I really enjoy reading all the comments, keep it up.

2 comments:

  1. And just when you had settled on whittling as your new hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets you out of going thur the old photo's, Paper cuts.

    ReplyDelete