Friday, January 6, 2012

A night out

Thanks to Matt and Allison I was able to get out of the house for an evening.  They took Vic and me out for a delicious dinner, I think I'm still full. Thanks for a wonderful night.
It's been kind of quiet the past week to ten days.  The holiday season is over, people went back to work and  lives are falling back into their routine.  I too have felt a sense of "normal" in my life.  Going out with my wife , son and daughter in law last night gave me a bit of a wake up call.  I realized I was becoming complacent with what's going on.  I can't allow myself to forget how truly precious each day I have with friends and family is.  I don't know how long I have before I leave this earth, but think about it, nobody does. I just have more information regarding my possible timing.  I bring this up in order to remind everyone to continue to appreciate everything you have in your lives.  Don't let the everyday routine cloud the great things God has given you.  Take an inventory everyday of the great things you have, it will put you in a good mood.  Start with the fact you woke up in the morning and realize you can enjoy another day.  Think about your family and friends and how lucky you are to have them.  I assure you, you will smile.  Appreciate the material things you have earned like a house or car or job.  You worked hard for these and deserve them.  Make this your routine.  Pray to God everyday. Thank God everyday for your blessings. Ask God to help you and others with their problems.  Don't get complacent.  Start your day with prayer and a good breakfast....you can't go wrong with this kind of advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment