Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The results are in

I had my meeting with the Oncologist this afternoon and the results of my blood work and PET scan were excellent.  My numbers for my liver went down again but the best news came from the PET scan.  In order to put these results in perspective the Doctor put my original scan side by side with the new scan.  In the original approximately 70-80% of my liver was compromised with tumors.  In the new scan the tumor involvement was closer to 50%.  This is definitive proof that the treatment plan we are on is having an affect on the cancer.  I also realize that the odds are against me and having 50% of my liver compromised with tumors still gives me a poor prognosis.  This is why I still need all your prayers and positive thoughts, because if they did this good for me so far, who knows what the future will bring.

3 comments:

  1. That no baby step. Great news. How the pup do at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous news! That's tremendous progress, no doubt due to having a great care team, a great attitude and great support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT NEWS KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ENERGY!

    ReplyDelete