Friday, January 13, 2012

Numbers down again

I got good news from my blood work today.  My numbers were down again, so the treatment is working. As of now my liver is still functioning at a decent level.  One specific number that went down for the first time was what they call my "Tumor Marker".  This is the number to show the presence of cancer in the body.  The fact that it went down shows that some of the tumors are going away.  Realistically though my number is still 1,944 and of course normal is 0, so I have a ways to go.  But it is going the right direction.

I do want to mention how happy I am with the staff at the hospital.  Everything is going very smooth and they really work with a team approach.  The LPN's that draw my blood and update my history are efficient and friendly.  The RN's who administer my Chemo meds are extremely professional and understanding.  The highlight has been my Nurse Practitioner, Melissa.  She is the best.  She asks all the right questions, follows up on everything she said she would and not only makes me feel important but makes Vic feel very much a part of everything that happens.  I truly feel they care about my outcome and I thank them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment